Sunday, June 23, 2013

Sunday-Two Days in KSA

First let me preface this by saying what a long trip over. Total flight time with layovers was over 27 hours and I had been awake for the majority of that time. Sure, I tried to sleep on the plane; but with the occasional turbulence and screaming or crying children plus the fact that at nearly 6'2" I am in coach the entire Trans Atlantic flight and domestic flight from Jeddah to Yanbu. 
So last night I broke down and took a Advil PM to assit my body, or should I say trick it into sleep. After all at 10 PM here it's only 3 PM back in good ole Florida. So you can imagine the internal clock struggle taking place. With that said I awoke this morning rested and feeling a little better about the day I was getting ready to face at work. That's right I said work. Sat is my Mon while here in KSA and that is going to take some getting used to as well. 
Today was a good day at work. I supervised the pouring of 104 cubic meters of concrete for the foundations of the building A at the new Saudi Arabia Men's University. It was 38 degrees Celsius or 101 for us Fahrenheit folks. Dry heat here, so not unbearable, but I have to contend with a lot, and I mean a lot of dust and afternoon sand storms. Looks like I need to invest in some Under Armour hoods to block out that dust; silica kills you know. 

No comments: